Monday, December 17, 2012

Welcome!

Hi all! Welcome to my blog, New Dreams for Old Seams! (Props to my friend Bethany M. for helping me with the name). I'm really excited to launch this blog to chronicle my adventures in reviving old clothes. I've been hand-sewing since I was young, and I occasionally I drew out fashion concepts of things I would like to make, but rarely tried to execute them. About 2 years ago I began following a blog online (www.newdressaday.com) in which a woman named Marisa re-made horrendous looking clothes into new, fashionable items. I was so inspired by that blog that I decided to go get a mini sewing machine and try out some of my own clothing transformations. I've gotten such positive feedback posting before and after photos on my Facebook page that I decided to start this blog to try and detail some of the ways I alter and give new life to these clothes! 

Most of the clothing items I choose either come from my closet, or are second hand from local thrift stores, rummage sales, yard sales, etc. I particularly love scouting the dollar rack at a local thrift store. I rarely spend more than a buck on an article of clothing. I'm not inspired by everything I find, but certain items just scream out to me and I almost immediately imagine what it can become.

 I'm armed with a brand new sewing machine that I am trying to teach myself to use (a HUGE upgrade from the last one that only went 1 direction, had 1stitch, and 2 speeds), a camera, a small box of sewing supplies, a big bag of clothes waiting to be transformed, and my imagination. I will probably start with detailing the previous transformations I have done, and every so often I will throw in a new one I'm currently working on. As such, some posts may have less pictures to work with because I didn't take as many photos at the time. I'll try to take more photos of the process in the future. 
 
I'm excited you're here, and I hope you come back often to see what new things I've posted! May you be inspired to get your creative juices flowing. I hope you enjoy journeying with me in my adventures in clothing transformations! Blessings,

~Leanne

No comments:

Post a Comment