Monday, July 28, 2014

#74: Helloooo Nurse!

Halloween has come early! I found this sexy nurse Halloween costume at a yard sale for $1, and I had to get it. Other than the humor, I thought it had good structure.

Before: Sexy Nurse Costume

Once something is on the internet, it never leaves; so I'm not taking the chance of posting me and my busty self wearing this just in case it would compromise me in any way...

Before: Sexy Nurse Costume

...but I'll show you how it looks from behind : )

Before: From behind

I can't help but be reminded of Animaniacs' Hello Nurse character.
 

Hello Nurse, always being oogled

I wanted to de-sexify this costume so it could actually be worn on the daily grind. Check this out:

First, I removed the red buttons and patches.

Buttons and patches

Next, I had to open almost all of the hems and seams so that I could remove all the red trim.


Removing collar trim

So, so much trim, and the stains left beneath

After I had all the red gone, I cut the skirt open just below the front buttons.

Cut open the skirt

I folded a new hem where I had just cut the skirt, and sewed closed all the seams and hems I had opened. (I also removed the back zipper since it didn't need it, and I could use it on another project).


Pinning and sewing the collar seam

I also replaced the red buttons with white ones (well, off-white ones I painted white with fingernail polish). 


New Buttons


Once the structure was back together, I cut and removed just over half the length off of the skirt, and sewed up the bottom hem.


Slicing the skirt


It took a good washing with bleach to get the red stain from under the trim out, and afterward I ironed it.


Voila! Here again is what it looked like before:


Before: Sexy Nurse Costume

Before: From behind


 And here is the de-sexified look:


After: White Ruffled Blazer


After: From behind


After


I took this costume-y sexy nurse getup and toned it down to create a functional piece of business-wear. And it opens all the way down the front like a Summer blazer.

I think I did a pretty good job on this one, don't you?

Let me know what you think in the comments section below!

Until next time, blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment