Saturday, July 5, 2014

#71: Oh, Say Can You See?

Happy Independence Day Weekend!

In honor of Old Glory, I thought I'd channel some red, white, and blue. When I found this piece while thrifting, I thought it would work just fine.

Before: Not feelin' this muumuu

I really hope someone didn't really wear this

I tried getting all creative with it, but ultimately just ended up making it into a maxi skirt. Here's how it looked after I removed the arms and trim, and sewed new hems:


After: Ready for the 4th!

And I even made a neck scarf out of the sleeve ties.

I hope you all enjoyed your Independence Day celebrations, and remember the sacrifices of those who fought and continue to fight to give us the right to sport that red, white, and blue with pride. Thank you!

Until next time, blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment