Thursday, August 28, 2014

#75: Purple People Eater

Hello, and welcome back! Today I've got a new one for ya.

I found this purple print dress at my favorite thrift store for $1.

Lots of purple action going on here

Before: Purple Print Dress

Before: From behind

The print was intense on this one, and the bust area was sad and droopy : (


Unhappy bust

I had an idea for what I wanted to do right away.

First, I cut off the sleeves, upper chest, and upper back.

Cutting

I used a seam ripper to remove the collar.


Removing the collar

Then I folded and pinned a new sweetheart neckline from the droopy bust.

Shaping the neckline

After I sewed it down, I cut off the excess.

Inside bust-line with collar still partially attached.

I sewed a new back hem with enough space to run some elastic.


New back hem

Running elastic through the back


I removed the collar completely, flipped it upside down, and sewed it back onto the bust so that it accented the curvature of the sweetheart neckline.

Re-sewing the collar


I liked the attached deep purple slip, and decided to break up the pattern by cutting and sewing a long slit in the outer layer just under the center of the bust.


Revealing the slip underneath

Lastly, I sewed some darts at the sides of the bust. I also chose to use the attached bow on the front as new straps.

This purple people eater became less ravenous!

Here's how it looked before:


Before: Purple Print Dress

Before: From behind


And here's how it looks now!


Work-appropriate with a cover


After: Breezy Halter

After: From behind

I think I like it better this way :)

Thanks for checking in, and check back for more transformations to come!

Until next time, blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment