Friday, May 17, 2013

#36: The Dress That Failed

Sometimes my clothing transformations just don't work. This is one of my earlier transformations that went bust last Summer. Thus, this is probably my shortest transformation post ever....

I found this dress at a local thrift store for $1.


Before: Shiny Black Dress


Before: From behind

I had high hopes for this dress. And honestly, I can't even remember what I did to it. Something about shortening, separating the top, folding, criss-crossing, and loop-de-looping material, and placing buttons at weird places on the inside to hold it all together.

Anyway, here's the transformation:


After

I became WAY too ambitious with this one. It may look nice in the photo, but it was a mess underneath. And it felt awful while I wore it.

I have a rule for myself that I have to wear everything I make at least once. I broke the rule with this one. I only wore it long enough to take the picture, then I literally ripped it off of me. Good thing it was only a dollar, right?

Sometimes simpler is better. And I thank God for grace, that I don't have to be perfect in everything I do :)

Until next time, blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment