Monday, May 13, 2013

#35: Silver Jacket

Hi all! Welcome back!

Today's post is going to be a short one. As I work on new projects, I realized that I still have a number of old transformations that I have yet to post. Here's one of 'em!

I found this silver fashion jacket at a thrift store for $1.


Before: Silver fashion jacket
 

Before: From behind

The problem was that it had little holes in the back...

Little hole

...and red marks on the sleeves.

Out Red Spot!

But that would be no problem for me!

First, I removed the sleeves.

Next, I cut across the back just above the wide elastic waist.

Then I cut from the underarm up the front toward the collar. I cut out the entire upper back panel, leaving the collar in tact. I sewed some small darts at the side of the bust.

Lastly, I took a lighter and seared the edges around everything I had just cut.

With minimal sewing, a pair of scissors, and a lighter, I had a new look!

Here's what it looked like before:

Before: Silver Fashion Jacket

And here's the simple transformation:

After: Silver Fashion Vest!
 
After: From behind (in white)

After: From behind (in black)

This little hole and red spot didn't out-smart me!

I hope you liked it :)

Until next time, blessings.


No comments:

Post a Comment