Wednesday, January 2, 2013

#8: Muumuu

Happy New Year!! I hope you all rang in the new year safely and responsibly :)

This one is one of my earlier transformations. I got a lot of positive feedback from it, so I'd like to share how I transformed it. I found this muumuu at a thrift store for about $3.

Hellooooo Muumuu!

Before: From behind

I saw a similarly shaped muumuu transformed online, so I bought this one with an idea in mind for how to transform it. The key was finding one that had a continuous neckline.

See the wide round neckline strip?

Just a few simple steps to change this muumuu from frumpy to fantastic!

First, I cut out the arms along the seams around the neckline and underarms. Then, with a sewing machine, I created a new hem around the edges of the new arm holes and outer neckline that would rest on my shoulders. Finally, I slightly took in the sides along the seam between the underarm and the waist mainly to reduce the size of the gaping armholes.

I kept the length and size around to maintain the look and feel of a flow-y dress, but added a slim belt to accentuate the waist. Paired with a few of my favorite accessories, I was ready to go!

Simple steps to a refined, fresh, Summer-y look. Who knew a muumuu could ever look so good?

After: Cute floral dress

After: From behind

I loved the natural neckline of the piece. And it's super comfortable to wear (and reversible, lol!). No wonder people wear them ;)

Muumuu no more!

I hope you liked this one. Until next time, blessings.


No comments:

Post a Comment