Sunday, November 1, 2015

#85: Halloween 2015

Hello and welcome to Fall!

This year for Halloween I planned a simple costume with things I already have. Unfortunately, one of the key items went missing. So I found a way to improvise.

Last year my mother-in-law got us tickets to the gameshow Let's Make A Deal. Audience members wear silly costumes in hopes of being selected for the show.

Let's Make A Deal!

I had originally gotten a bright cap and gown with a purple wig to wear to the show.


Before: Graduation Garb

Before: From behind

I even got all fancy with decorating the cap.

Deal University!

Unfortunately, the show taping was cancelled for that day, and the costume has been sitting in my closet ever since.

Thankfully, the gown was perfect to craft into my missing piece of my costume.

First I removed the zipper.


Seam ripping the zipper


Then I removed the sleeves.

Without sleeves

I folded, pinned, and sewed up the arm holes.


Open arms

Pinning and sewing

Reverse, after sewing the arm hole

I took the sleeves and sewed the long edges together, then drew a curved line from the seam.


Drawing a curved line

Then I sewed across that curve and cut the excess.

Sewed, cut along curved line.

Flipped it inside out, and it was a large hood! Any guesses what I'd be? :)

I sewed it back to back with the rest of the cape/body of the gown.


Sewing on a hood.

Then I sewed a space just below the hood and ran red ribbon through it using a safety pin to use as a tie.



A ribbon runs through it.

And that was it! Paired with some of my own matching clothes, my costume was complete!


Before: Red Graduation Gown


After: Red Riding Hood Cape

After: From behind

:)

I hope you all had a happy and safe Halloween!

Take care, and until next time, blessings.

2 comments: