Tuesday, January 14, 2014

#65: Painful Black Tutu Dress

This has been a terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad weekend for me. I don't want to go into details, but I would appreciate your prayers.


Today, I'm featuring the most uncomfortable, painful dress I've ever worn to accompany my weekend's discomfort and pain. (Again, prayers please)


I found this dress at a 50% off sale at a thrift store. I liked the mesh sleeves and the peep back, and thought that it had great potential.


Before: Black Tutu Dress

Before: Super painful


Before: From behind


But whoever made this dress used very stiff tulle, and left the raw, jagged edges on the inside seam at the waist. It literally felt like thousands of sharp needles were scratching my waist when wearing this! I had to waddle to take the pictures just so the skirt wouldn't move and scratch me more.

I wouldn't wish this dress on my worst enemy.


~ ~

Good thing I had no plans to keep the skirt. I removed it completely.

That thing was in the trash before I had a chance to take a picture. Sorry. 


After removing the skirt, all I did was remove the shoulder pads, and sew up a few holes in the sleeves and side seams, and I was done! The key was to accessorize it well.


Here again was the before look:


Before: Painful Tutu Dress

Before: From behind


Paired with a brightly-colored mini skirt and some accessories, here is the after look:



After: Sexy Dinner Blouse

After: Sexy Dinner Blouse
 

After: From behind

I felt sexy, while still covered enough to not be too risque. It was a nice confidence boost too, especially as I am working on reducing some of the width I grew this past year.

Ladies and gentlemen, you can still feel confident and sexy, even if you are thicker than what people say you "should" be. Don't wait until you're a size small to feel good about yourselves ladies! Enjoy the journey!

Take care of yourselves, and love yourselves. And pray for me, if you wouldn't mind. I need it today.

Thank you.

Until next time, blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment