|8-bit heart container, rupees, tri-force|
Somewhere in the ruckus I found a moment to sew. I found this awesome dress at a thrift store for just a couple of bucks.
|Before: Industrial Dress|
|Before: From Behind|
I was really digging the pattern. It felt very industrial, like pipes and tubes with pops of color. Kind of reminded me of Tetris with all those L-shapes :) But the amount of pattern was a bit overwhelming in dress form. Plus, it had a nasty stain on the front, and the shape wasn't doing me any favors :P
|Out, out darn spot!|
So I found a simple way to work it out.
First I removed the side belt loops.
|Belt loops be gone!|
Next I separated the top from the bottom skirt portion with a seam ripper.
|"For my next trick I'm going to saw this dress in half!" *Gasp!* *Ooh* *Aahh*|
After that I pinned and sewed a new hem around the waist of the skirt, making sure to accommodate the zipper.
|Pinning and sewing|
Finally, I sewed the sides to take it in slightly (though I will have to take it in a little more, as it's still a little loose, but I was in a rush).
Before you know it, I'm in a newly stylized outfit with just enough pattern to be cool, but not overwhelming.
Here's the before photo again:
|Before: Industrial dress|
And here's the new look!
|After: Industrial skirt|
|After: From behind|
I think a lot of the transformation has to do with the accessorizing. The thick belt not only accentuated the waistline that was non-existent in the original dress, it also kept everything in place since the skirt was still a little too big.
I enjoyed a night out volunteering at and watching a spectacularly-moving performance on themes of evolving through grief and loss at my dance studio, followed by Asian dinner with good company :)
I hope you liked this one. It's definitely a keeper in my closet!
Until next time, blessings.