Sunday, June 1, 2014

#69: Teacher Dress

Hello. I've been sick for the past few weeks (finally getting better!), so I've been occupying some of my time at home with some new projects.

The first one I'd like to feature is this dress I bought for $1.99.

Before: Teacher Dress

Before: From behind

This dress had Teacher written all over it!  Especially these mismatch buttons.

Mismatch buttons

I like some prints, but floral always stumps me. There was a lot of floral length to this dress, but it had enough space between the flowers that I wasn't overwhelmed.

The first thing I did was remove the mismatch buttons.

No more mismatch buttons

After that I removed the sleeves and hemmed the arm holes. I also sewed darts at the bust to keep it from gaping.

Removing sleeves

I followed that up with removing about a foot and a half of length from the bottom and hemming it up.

Shortening the dress

Bottom hem

Two final details I decided to add were yellow gem buttons up the front, and sewing a red ribbon tie to sinch the empire waist to make the dress fit better without taking it in.

Yellow Gem Buttons

Red Ribbon

 At last, I took this dress from "Teacher" to "school's out for summer!"

Here again is the before look:

Before: Teacher dress

Before: From behind

And this is the new, fresh, Summer-y look!

After: Summer Dress

And with leggings (before I decided to add the yellow gem buttons):

After: Summer dress with leggings

After: Summer dress with leggings

After: From behind

I think I'd give myself an A :)

I hope you enjoyed today's post. Check back soon for more transformations!

Until next time, blessings.

1 comment: